The DAN Basic Life Support & Defibrillation - BLS(D) course trains to resuscitate an adult victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest, in order to prevent anoxic brain damage occurring immediately after the event. In addition to Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), external bleeding, shock management and First Aid in case of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction, the course also trains to use an AED (Automatic External Defibrillator): an essential device to administer an electric shock able to restart a heart in pulseless ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation. The DAN BLS(D) course will prepare you to properly react in case of emergency and to perform simple rescue techniques in absolute safety.
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- The chain of survival
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Scene Safety Assessment (including management of Personal Protective Equipment - PPE)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO)
- Control of external bleeding
- Shock Management
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
A minimum of 5 hours
Every 24 months but a more frequent update is recommended.