The DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) follows a modular format.
There is a Core Module and then a separate module representing each training program.
You can take all existing modules as part of one course, or just take the Core Module and one course module - whatever you are interested in teaching.
The courses are organised worldwide by DAN Instructor Trainers.
During the theory session, candidates take a closer look at course standards and procedures, educational materials, course structure and organisation.
During the practical session, candidates learn how to teach the skills to students, using micro teaching techniques. Candidates also need to provide role model demonstrations before they can take the final exam.
DAN Instructor candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a valid DAN Provider certificate for the course they intend to teach, or have an equivalent qualification by another recognized organization
- Be a qualified dive professional (instructor, assistant instructor, divemaster) from a recognized diver certification organization or a medical professional.
If the Instructor candidate is not yet a DAN Instructor for other DAN courses the candidate will receive a Core kit and one or more Instructor Packs (one for each Instructor module). If he Is already a DAN Instructor and thus does not need to do the core module again, he will only receive the Instructor Pack(s).
The Core kit is a backpack containing promotional and other DAN materials, while the Instructor packs contain the multilingual digital lesson guides and some DAN Training brochures.
- Collection of Training credits every time a Provider is certified. At the end of the year if enough credits are collected the DAN Instructor can receive a discount voucher or DAN materials such as free DAN Oxygen units. More info can be found in the MyLibrary (Training section) of your MyDAN area.
- Award for the most active DAN Instructor of the year.
- Possibility to participate in special DAN Training courses.