DAN Europe assures its members medical assistance in case of diving emergency, 24/7 and anywhere in the world.
We operate through an international network of alarm centres (DAN Emergency Hotline) and a group of experts in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine.
All emergency contact details are found here, on your membership card, and on the DAN Europe App.
- UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL HOTLINE ACTIVE 24/7
- FIRST RESPONSE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- CONNECTION TO MEDICAL TEAM SPEAKING YOUR LANGUAGE
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
- In case of any life-threatening emergency, call local Emergency Medical Services (EMS) first or get the injured person to the nearest medical facility, to ensure the patient is stabilised and their condition is assessed by a medical professional. Once EMS have been alerted, call DAN Europe for additional assistance or for a consultation with the local medical provider.
- For diving emergencies, call the DAN Europe Emergency Hotline to speak to a diving and hyperbaric medical officer for a specialised medical opinion and first assessment.
You can reach the DAN Europe Emergency Hotline:
- By phone at +39 06 42 11 5685
- By email at email@example.com- Please indicate where you are, how we can help you, and a local number where we can reach you, we'll call you back.
- On the DAN Europe APP: click on SOS, call and send your position.
In any emergency, you will be asked to complete the
- Keep your personal contacts details up to date on your MyDAN
- If you travel within Europe, make sure to have your European Health Insurance Card with you.
- In case of medical visits, ask for a copy of your medical records, and keep any paid receipts.
- Notify the medical emergency to any private medical insurance you hold.
- For non-urgent medical advice, contact the DAN Europe Medical Division
- For assistance related to medical expenses, or to file a Claim, contact the Claims Dept.
- For answers to membership or insurance enquiries, contact the Membership Dept.
Please, fill in the Accident reporting form.
Along with the form, please also attach:
A copy of a medical report that details the medical diagnosis
Copies of paid receipts
LEGAL DEFENCE CLAIMS
To file a Liability or Legal Defence Claim, please get in touch with our team.
Speak with our skilled consultants.
When a diving accident occurs, being able to recognise the problem and respond with the appropriate care can speed the diver's recovery and minimise lasting effects. Attend an Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries course, and be ready in case of emergency.
Latest news, updates, and helpful resources on medical and safety issues related to COVID-19.