- Insurance cover for recreational and professional diving emergencies (scuba and freediving): valid worldwide, for 365 days.
- Coverage for non-diving related emergencies: valid only when you are travelling abroad, for a number of days which varies according to the plan you have chosen. If you add the "Travel No-Limits" optional benefit, its duration is extended to the whole subscription period (one year).
- Third party liability insurance and legal defence regarding professional diving (not available in all countries).
Means the provision of advice and instruction in Diving Activities including all supervising, training, escorting or guiding services provided by diving instructors, assistant instructors and underwater guides.
- Death extension: you can increase by either €25,000 or €50,000 the cover limit in case of death due to a diving accident. This extension does not apply to technical dives.
- Travel No-Limits: you can extend the duration of the coverage for non-diving emergencies abroad to the whole subscription period (one year).
- Benefits for your family: you can include your family members (partner and/or children) into your insurance cover.
- Your partner (married or cohabiting).
- Your children up to 18 years old, living at your residence address.
- Your children up to 25 years old, if full-time students at an accredited school/university, unemployed and living at your residence address.
- DAN Europe does not offer insurance plans for your dive equipment.
- Pro Member plans cover the insured or rescuers' equipment only following an indemnifiable own or 3rd party diving accident (up to the cover limit shown on the insurance certificate).
- Yes, provided you are taking all the necessary safety measures and possess the experience required for that type of diving activity.
- On the other hand, the Third Party Liability insurance ceases to be valid if you breach any law or rule, including diving deeper than allowed in your certificate.
During the enrolment / renewal online process, you can request an automated notification to be sent from DAN to your training organisation upon the activation of your plan. It goes without saying that this notification service does not replace the instructor's obligation to fulfil the contractual duties signed for at the time of certification.
- No, your students are not automatically covered.
- However, you can cover for free a number of your entry-level students by registering them on your MyDAN.
- Furthermore, you can purchase specific insurance plans for your scuba and freediving students.
Yes, it does. In fact, the student plans have nothing to do with the professional liability insurance of your Pro Member plan.
Whether you decide or not to provide your students with an insurance coverage, this does not affect your liability cover (as long as there is one).
Yes, the subscription to DAN Europe and the related medical coverage is valid worldwide including the USA and Canada. In the specific case of the Third Party Liability and Legal Expenses policy for professional divers, the coverage applies only if you are sued in a court or according to the laws of Countries within the DAN Europe territory. The insurance companies of DAN Europe are not authorized to offer liability coverage to residents or companies registered in the territories of USA and/or Canada. Below are a few examples of how the liability coverage applies:
- If you are in the USA or Canada for an instruction trip or to accompany European students/clients, you are covered only according to the policy terms and conditions and if you are sued in a court or according to the laws applying within the DAN Europe territory. Here one has to consider the likelihood that the student or client would sue once back in Europe rather than in the USA or Canada.
- If you are in the USA or Canada for an instruction trip or to accompany European students/clients you are covered by the policy terms and conditions. Your coverage also applies if you are sued in a court of law, or according to the laws of countries within the DAN Europe territory. In this case, one has to consider the likelihood that the student or client would pursue the claim once back in Europe, rather than in the USA or Canada.
- If you are insured, and carry out professional activity in the USA or Canada not in compliance with the local immigration, or employment and insurance laws, your insurance coverage may become invalid depending on the violations of law.
- Whether you are abroad or in your home country, the diving cover is valid for one year, worldwide.
- The cover for non-diving related medical emergencies is only active while you are travelling abroad, for a limited number of travelling days a year (60 in the Bronze, 90 in the Silver, 120 in the Gold).
- Travelling days are counted from the time your current journey has started. E.g.: If you activate a Pro Silver after 10 days into your trip abroad, the non-diving cover is reduced to 80 days per year.
- By "Journey" we mean a trip outside your declared country of residence not undertaken as a result of your work, occupation, or any profession other than Professional Diving.
- If you add the "Travel No-Limits" optional benefit, you extend the duration of the non-diving cover to the whole insurance period (one year).
- Country of residence means your country of permanent residence provided by you when applying for this insurance. This is the country where you will be repatriated in the event of a medical emergency, if required.
- You must indicate your actual country of residence, namely the one wherein you legally reside.
- You can indicate a different mailing address though to receive our mails.
Important notice: the information displayed in this page is not meant in any way to replace or complete the insurance conditions and certificates.