DAN Europe ITW's are organised by DAN Europe Training. Only Staff members and members of the DAN Europe Training committee can offer this Programme.
After completing a 3 day DAN Instructor Trainer Workshop, DAN Instructor Trainers can present the knowledge and skills development sessions of the Core Module the various course modules of the IQC.
During the ITW, candidates will be trained and prepared to run an IQC by themselves and promote diving safety and the DAN courses. Additionally the candidates will learn how to evaluate first aid Instructors during skill practise and will be able to provide role model demonstrations on both Instructor and Instructor Trainer level.
An Instructor Trainer Certifier will assess the skills and exam on the last day of the ITW to guarantee an impartial judgement and the best possible quality.
Candidates that are active DAN instructors for diving first aid courses will be able to access the DAN Instructor Trainer level for all training programs, otherwise they will only be able to access this level for the programs that do not involve diving first aid (except for the ”Oxygen First Aid for Aquatic Emergencies” course).
Candidates have to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be an instructor trainer with experience conducting instructor level courses for a recognized diver certification organization;
- be an instructor trainer for a recognized first aid organization;
- expert trainer for instructor level programs in a professionally recognized context, where knowledge and skill development activities are involved;
Be a DAN Europe Member, as well as be current on the annual renewal fee (Teaching Status) for Instructor level, and not have committed any disciplinary irregularities.
Candidates must have certified a number of providers at least equal to what is stated below
- 20 providers BLSD or PBLSD
- 20 providers Oxygen First Aid
- 40 total providers in at least 3 different programmes between ADV O2, Neuro, HMLI, MO2R, FA.
(except for the ”Oxygen First Aid for Aquatic Emergencies” course)
- 60 providers BLSD or PBLSD
- 20 providers First Aid
Candidates must already hold:
- a DAN Instructor Certification
- have certified at least 20 providers for the “Fire Safety Officer” course
DAN Training Dept. may require, at its discretion, additional information:
business plan | curriculum vitae | copy of any disciplinary sanctions / actions from other organisations
Every Instructor Trainer candidates receives a DAN ITW kit containing:
Student handbooks for each provider course | DAN Provider course slides for each provider course | DAN Instructor Manuals for each module of the IQC | DAN Instructor Qualification Course slides | DAN Instructor Trainer Manual | Non Rebreather mask | Oronasal Resuscitation Mask | Student First Aid Pack | Sponsor Kit | Promotional materials | Student handbooks for each provider course | DAN Provider course slides for each provider course | DAN Instructor Manuals for each module of the IQC | DAN Instructor Qualification Course slides | DAN Instructor Trainer Manual | Non Rebreather mask | Oronasal Resuscitation Mask | Student First Aid Pack | Sponsor Kit | Promotional materials
- Collection of Special Training credits every time a Provider is certified by a DAN Instructor that was certified by the Instructor Trainer. At the end of the year if enough credits are collected the DAN Instructor Trainer can receive a discount voucher for DAN materials (click here for more info about the Training credit system: DAN Instructor Trainers only – login requested)
- Award for the most active DAN Instructor Trainer of the year